Steps to do so:
- Stop Windows Update service (Run: services.msc)
- Go to: http://download.wsusoffline.net/
- Grab the latest download.
- Unzip, then there are 2 parts:
- Run UpdateGenerator.exe at folder root. Select appropriate Windows version (64-bit is x64). Then click Start button. Wait till it finishes downloading.
- Navigate to 'client' folder (e.g. wsusoffline\client). Run UpdateInstaller.exe. Then click Start button.
- Once done, there will be multiple restarts needed. After the dust is settled, can run Windows Update like normal.